Originally published on MaroonOak.com
Social Media has changed the way we do business!
Why not smartly combine the two for a better outcome?
6 Creative Strategies to Enrich your Networking with Facebook!
Do Your Research
Accept Business-Related Friend Requests
Leverage New Technology
Video content, and especially video content recorded live, gets great reach and engagement on Social Media. When you are out and about for business, go Live on your Business Page and talk about what you’re doing and why. People love getting a sneak peek behind the scenes, and they generally enjoy getting to know the people behind the brand. This fosters long-lasting relationships.
- Announce your plans – if you know you plan to go Live in advance, let your followers know so that they can try and tune in.
- Plan for Replay – When you are done with your Live video, it will be repurposed and saved to your Page, so keep this in mind and ensure the replay viewer has a positive experience. Begin by thanking people for joining you for the replay – because in those first 5 seconds, you won’t have a live audience quite yet, and it will make the video look well designed when people are watching the replay.
- Don’t wait – Once you are recording, (and after thanking your replay viewers), dive right into content. Definitely don’t wait for more people to arrive – as a matter of fact, don’t even worry about how many people are watching live. The majority of your views will come from the replay. (I do not have a stat for this – it’s just one of those things that is generally known and accepted. You may only have 1-2 people on Live with you, or none at all, but the replay lives on and has so much ongoing potential.)
- Drop a Hook – One of the very first things you want to say is the “hook” that will capture your viewer and get them to keep watching. Let people know why they should watch – there is a lot of content competing for their attention and you need to influence them to watch yours! A hook can be as simple as teasing the viewers with what your broadcast will teach them. For example: In the next 5 minutes I will reveal 3 simple and actionable steps to increase your Facebook Business Page followers!
- Be YOU! – you can not appease everybody, so be authentic and on-brand. It’s okay to mess up. People expect it. Handle it as you would in everyday life. If that means making a funny face and noise and then “trying this again…” – that’s okay! It personifies your brand and people can relate to that. You’ll get better with time!
An Integrated Approach
By implementing some (or all) of these creative means of integrating in-person activities with Facebook, you are giving your business a competitive advantage over other businesses in your niche.
Meg is the Founder and CEO of EIEIO Marketing. Originally from Rochester, NY, she now lives in Phoenix, AZ with her husband and their 4 daughters. Meg has been involved with marketing to moms for over 7 years and has experience working for Facebook within their Marketing Expert Program. When Meg is not managing ads for clients, teaching digital marketing strategy, or furthering her own professional development – she enjoys getting the family out of the house to explore a variety of fun and educational adventures. After the kids are in bed, Meg enjoys binge watching Netflix, fantasy football, and a glass of wine. Learn more about EIEIO Marketing.